Why don't you get some weather art.


Well, it was a rainy day and I had no assignments, not a good combo for the news photographer who likes to stay dry. So it was time to cruise for a weather shot. Downtown Annapolis is always a fan favorite, so I headed off to West Street. Luna Blu is a restaurant on West Street with a distinctive blue paint color. I thought it would make a great backdrop, so I hid under an awning across the street to keep dry and waited. I saw a women in red walking towards me, but she was on my side of the street. Oh well, I started to shoot some pictures of her anyway. To my luck she crossed over to the other side and right past the blue building I was hoping for. Whamo! C1 cover shot for the next day's paper and a new portfolio piece.

This building has been blue as long as I have worked in Annapolis. I always thought it would make a cool picture, so I stored it in my mental image bank for the right moment or rainy day if you will. That rainy day finally came and I lucked out with a woman in a bright red dress to play off the blue and yellow building. So always take note, either mentally or write it down, of what could be a cool shot even if the timing is not right at that moment. Some day it may all come together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really enjoyed your presentation this evening at the Digital Camera Club.

Your comments on the member's photos were really appreciated.

Hope you will return with more of your photos and stories on how and where you took them.

Thanks.
Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it and I would be more than happy to return anytime to talk about my images, my process or what ever you want to hear.

Paul
Nick Wright said…
What a great photo. Don't you just love it when you get an idea and then all the elements come together so nicely?

Popular Posts