Ahh, time off is a good thing.

It has been a week since my last blog entry. I am sure the two of you out there who read this blog have been wondering what has happened. Due to our rotating schedules at the paper, we get a four-day weekend about every other month. I added a few vacation days to that and - voila - seven days off. I really needed the time off. I was getting burned out and needed to recharge.

Part of my recharging was a little trip to Atlantic City, NJ. I had a comp'ed room at the Hilton, but I more than paid for it with my losses at the nickel slots. Thank God for my understanding wife. They did have a nice spa, where I enjoyed the hot tub, steam room and pool with some very wrinkled old men, who really should not have been walking around naked.

Another part of my time off was trying to dive into audio recording. Soon, drum roll please, I will be adding an audio podcast to Photo Monkeys. Not sure how often yet, but I am working on the inaugural broadcast now. If you have any suggestions for future podcasts, email me.

I have also been doing some of the work around the old homestead that needs to be done with spring coming, lawn and garden stuff mostly. I think I am going to need a vacation from my vacation.

What does this have to do with photography? Not much, but sometimes you have to take a break from the camera and do other things to keep from burning out on your fiery passion of image making. While I wish I had another week to sit around, or to get some more housework done, I also look forward to getting back behind the lens. That will probably last about a week.

Comments

Popular Posts