Photoshop CS 2 Creativity Seminar in Washington, D.C.

I attended the Photoshop CS 2 Creativity Seminar in Washington, D.C. yesterday. It was presented by the NAPP, National Association of Photoshop Professionals, at the Washington Convention Center. The workshop was a sellout with more than 1,100 people attending. Graphic artist Bert Monroy was the presenter, and his work is remarkable. He creates images in Photoshop that look like real photographs, but are entirely produced in the program. You can check out his work and get some tips from him at his website.

This was an all-day event broken down into five sessions. The first was "Layers: Beyond the Obvious". The second session was "Channels: More Than Meets The Eye" (reminds me of the Transformers cartoon when I was a kid). The third session, "Master Class: Brush and Pen Techniques," was after an hour lunch break. The fourth session was "Pen Tools & Filters: Unleashing Your Creativity." The day finished up with the fifth session, "Filter Magic: Creating Realism from Scratch."

I am not going to break down the individual sessions any more than that. In future posts, I will pass along some of the tips I learned from the day. I did learn a few, but this particular seminar seemed geared more towards the graphic artist or illustrator. It may be hard to imagine, but we photographers are not the only ones who use Photoshop. As a photographer, If I had to do it again I may skip this one, but the NAPP has many different seminars one could attend. This one, "Photoshop CS 2 Power Tour," on April 11 in Richmond, VA. may be more geared to the photographer.

Comments

Popular Posts