Watch your back...


Your background that is. I was shooting a state championship baseball playoff game a couple of weeks ago. I was in the third base dugout facing towards first base. While I was framing my shot of first base, waiting for the action, I noticed a bright blue object in the background of my photo. What was this distracting blue obelisk intruding on my perfectly framed picture? A Porta-pot. Well I did not want that in my shot.


The simple solution was to move to the other side of the dugout. The distracting element was gone and I now had a clean background. So this is a little reminder to not only look at your main subject when shooting, but be mindful of your backgrounds also. This not only goes for sports, where I always want the cleanest background I can get, but for any type of photography. Nothing worse than a telephone pole coming out of someones head.

Comments

Bryon Houlgrave said…
At least you didn't get someone exiting the port-o-potty in your frame. :-)

I've taken a number of good images that I had to scrap because of a pole or object coming out of their head or shoulders or back. It's frustrating.

Popular Posts