Happy New Year - Goals for 2010


Well, it is a New Year and with it comes the annual rite of New Year’s resolutions. Sure, I made the same personal ones I make every year. Eat better, lose weight, exercise, you know, the usual that we all make. I also make resolutions for my career and with the downsizing of the newspaper business that has taken place the last couple of years, I had better stick to these.

So here they are;
• Update this blog and my Facebook fan page, Paul W Gillespie Photography, at least once a week, if not more. This will be week one. Social networking will be a way to drive people to my services, and I need to build up my brand and get my name, Paul W Gillespie, out.
• Update my website, http://www.pwgphoto.com/ and possibly upgrade the design, perhaps with a Livebooks website or something similar. I need to get new images for people to see on a more regular basis.
• Update my printed portfolio, I bought a nice, new, leather cover and pages last year as part of my resolutions for 2009 and it is time to do something with them. The digital world is the future, but you still should have a nice book to show clients in person.
• Start working harder on my vision as a photographer. What do I want to shoot? How do I want to shoot it? This involves doing some test shoots on subjects I am interested in pursuing.
• Work on more personal projects/photo stories. I did some volunteer work, this past year, for a local HIV/AIDS charity and enjoyed it. These were family portraits, but perhaps there is a story there I can tell with my camera, that will help the charity and the people.
• Work on making more contacts in business that could use my services/vision. These include magazines, art directors, marketing companies or anyone that uses photography.

There are other everyday goals, like be better organized, keep the office clean and the like, but these listed above are the major ones for the year. They seem to be the major ones for every year, but I keep on trying.

So what are your goals/resolutions for the New Year? Do I even have anyone reading this blog anymore? Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular Posts