Zack Arias



I was surfing Youtube, watching a bunch of those Xtranormal self made, "if you can type it you can make a movie" videos. They were mostly about people, who just because they have a nice camera, call themselves photographers or worse professional photographers. They were pretty funny, but kind of repetitive.

I came across one called Zach Arias: Successful Commercial Photographer. The name sounded familiar, maybe from one of the photo websites or blogs I visit daily, so I watched it. It was OK, I think the best part is when the "Zach" character talks about how his career took off when his assistant bought him "The Money Hat," but it was clearly made by someone ripping on Zach.

This got me thinking, who is Zach Arias. Well a few more videos with his name were on the right hand side of the Youtube page, so I clicked on one that looked real. It was made for the Scott Kelby site and started off with Zach talking for a minute and a half about what he would be talking about. A rambling list of things, that he never really talks about.

I was starting to think what is the point of this video, just as I am sure you are starting to think, what is the point of this blog post. Well the point is Zach produced a well done piece that runs about 10 minutes and helps to put a lot of things in perspective for us as photographers. He talks about life, being bored with your work and how lucky we are to be doing what we do. Well he talks about all those things in his life, work and how lucky he is, but I think that it translates. So have a look and tell me what you think.

I still think I need "The Money Hat" though.

Here are some links to the other videos

Zach Arias: Successful Commercial Photographer

The Truth about Professional Photographers This one is the best so far of the spoofs on "pro photographers"

I'm a Photographer

Comments

Popular Posts