Still Going, Not!

The score is 24-19. The winning point in the volleyball game I am shooting is about to be served. I take off my 70-200 and put on my wide angle lens for the celebration shot. The serve goes over the net, is returned and then back over for the score. Old Mill wins. The girls are jumping for joy. I press my shutter button for the awesome jubilation shot and then, NOTHING. My battery was dead.

This is just a friendly reminder to double check your battery before it is time for the money shot. Back in the film days, I would kill a roll of film with a few frames left so I would not miss something. You should check your battery and change it if you are even close to it running out. Don't let this happen to you.

And on the subject of batteries, remember to replace the batteries in your smoke detectors. Smoke detectors save lives, and that is "One to Grow On."

Comments

Anonymous said…
With the D2h, once you shot the battery dry you could turn off the camera, physically take the battery out, put it back in and turn the camera on. This would give you one, just one, shot. Then you had to repeat the process each time you wanted to take another picture.
I shot an entire wrestling meet this way because I forgot to bring a second battery.
"One to Grow On", nice. Give a hoot as well.
Josh
said…
"Duck and cover"

Sorry about that.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor
I wish my camera had both the option for a camera battery as well as AA batteries in case of emergency.

There is on thing i cannot stand and its when my camera batteries finish. Also when the smoke detector battery finishes it pointlessly goes off resulting in pointless stress, headaches, a scared crying baby, and unnecessary phone calls from management!

Popular Posts