Furlough Day?

I spent three hours of my first nonpaid furlough day editing sound for an audio slideshow that probably will run Thursday. While I know that I am a sucker for doing Capital work at home on a nonpaid furlough day, I really wanted to get this slideshow done and done well.

The story is about a black church service I shot on Sunday. I made some really nice images and recorded some sound while I was at it. The audio is not mandatory for the paper, but I wanted to use it to tell more of the story. So that is why I did the editing today.

There just is not enough time to get this kind of thing done in a normal amount of lab time. It took me an extra hour Sunday just to get the images prepped. I told myself that I would use my furlough days to work on bettering my craft, whether it be working on a new portfolio, researching potential freelance clients, looking for other staff opportunities or in this case, editing audio for a slideshow. I figure that if I am learning sound editing as I go, it will make me a more versatile photojournalist.

I will post a link to the finished product once it runs in the paper and online. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts