Countdown to my first presentation.

It is 2:45 pm and I am counting down the time until I give my very first photo presentation and talk to a large group. I am speaking to the Digital Photography Club of Annapolis tonight at 7pm at its new location in the Maryland Hall for Creative Arts, room 308. They asked me to do this a couple months ago, but due to scheduling conflicts I was not available until tonight.

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to think of what to talk about and find images to show the club. I rounded up three groups of images to show. One is shots from my portfolio and other images I like. The second is shots from this years Army Navy Football Game in Philadelphia. The third is shots I did a couple of years ago when I did a ride a long with the Maryland State Police Medevac.

I am going to talk about what it is like to be a photojournalist at a daily paper with real community flavor, the process of getting images for the paper, my history as a photographer in both the digital and prehistoric film days. I also will display the gear I use, answer questions and give a brief lighting demo, if time permits.

I hope it goes well.

Comments

Popular Posts