The extra effort pays off.

In an effort to improve my Food & Dining images at the paper, I have rededicated myself to bring my Dyna-Lite Uni Jr 400 Mono lights and a large softbox on my restaurant jobs when time permits. I think that the effort is paying off. I shot these images for our Entertainment Guide for the Valentine's issue at the Wild Orchid restaurant.


It is a lot of extra work lugging the lights, when I could have just used on camera flash, but I think that the results are worth it. Not only does the paper get great photos, but I get portfolio pieces to help me get freelance work in the food & dining industry, an area I am hoping to expand my business into.

For all you "How did you shoot it folks," I used a 4' softbox on the left side and an umbrella on the right side. I used a real slow shutter speed to capture the flames in the fireplace.

I did a really neat job at the Sputnik Cafe yesterday, but I have to wait until the images run in the paper before posting. Keep your eyes open. I should have them up next week.

Comments

Popular Posts