Do Good Things and Good Things Happen.

While I may have a reputation as being a bit surly, sometimes, I do have my moments of niceness. A couple of weeks ago, I met a boy named Brian Murphy at a blood drive. The event was in his honor. His family and school arranged it because Brian has leukemia and they wanted to do something that may not only help Brian, but others as well.

After arriving at the school, I met Brian and saw he was wearing an Indianapolis Colts Peyton Manning Jersey. He is a huge fan of the club and especially Manning. Brian is even going to get to meet him next year, thanks to the Make a Wish Foundation. This made me think back to 2001, when I shot the Colts playing the Ravens. I knew I had at least one shot of Manning my wife shot at the game (she came with me to help out and shot some of the game). So I offered to print it for Brian. His face lit up, and he ran to his mom to tell her.

A couple days later, I dug out my CD with the images I shot that day and hit the mother load of Manning images. I did not realize I had so many decent shots of him. Come to think of it I never gave Brian the shot my wife took. I printed five shots for him and also burned a CD with them on it, just in case the inkjet ones fade.

I delivered them myself and it was worth it. When he opened the package his face again lit up, and I have to tell you it felt good. He was so excited, not only did it make me feel good doing something nice for Brian, it reminded me of how cool my job was sometimes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Paul! You are awesome!

Popular Posts